Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Outrigger canoeing Tuesday evening












Werner was very excited to discover that a coach from the local Outrigger Canoe Club was willing to take him out with the team, and teach him a few things about outrigger canoeing!

There are outrigger canoeing teams training nearly every evening in Tumon Bay. I sat on the shore and filmed and took pictures. It is difficult to tell from the pictures, but I swear that the outrigger is no more than 12" across. It is SO narrow! I would have gotten wet on either side! :-) Ha! Ha!

Anyhow, Werner worked hard until it was nearly dark outside, learning the commands and how to row. I'm sure he learned a lot of other things as well, as I watched from a nearby picnic bench! Note his red face in the group picture! :-)

This was our last "outing" before leaving Guam, as tomorrow at noon we depart. We have to be at the airport by 10 am, and we fly to Tokyo, then to Houston, then on to Baltimore.

No comments: