Friday, March 30, 2007

Our living situation











Well, today we awoke a bit tired, and ventured forth. The sunsets from the previous evening were glorious, weren't they?

First of all, I guess I should show you where we are staying. Through a German friend, we are staying in her bed and breakfast. She has given us her "apartment", so we have a nice, 1-bedroom, 1 bath apartment with TV and kitchen, all to ourselves. So we can visit when we want, and be alone when we want.

Here is the house, and the patio outside our kitchen door. I have not yet had a chance to take photos of our actual apartment, but I will do that soon. However, here are some pictures of the house, and also of our private patio outside our kitchen door!

TV is the same as in America - Vonage commercials non-stop. There are a couple of Australian channells on the cable, because if you look at your map or glove, we are fairly close to New Zealand.
Because of their Spanish heritage, they have wild chickens in Guam. They are everywhere - like robins in PA!! So they start crowing at 4 am. If you feel like it, you could go out and catch a chicken and/or gather wild eggs. Unbelievable! The first AM we were here, I thought I was imagining things when I head hundreds of roosters crowing at the same time!
And I just HAD to throw in the photo of a nearby chapel. It features a live cow tied next to it! This is a westernized island, and yet the original culture still shines through!

Anyhow, hope you like the house! We do!

No comments: